Biodentical Hormone Replacement Therapy with bioTE
Bio-identical hormones have been available in the United States since the 1930s, but in the last decade, the use of these products has increased. Time-release pellets are the latest “fountain of youth” in hormone replacement therapy. BioTE hormone therapy will dramatically improve your health, energy level, and quality of life.
What are hormones?
Hormones are the chemical messengers of the body, and they are secreted into the bloodstream, affecting cell function. A hormone affects “target cells,” which are specific cells with unique receptors for the hormone. Like a lock and key, cells that do not have the receptor for the hormone are not influenced directly by the hormone released into the bloodstream. Estrogen is made inside of the body’s cells which require it (brain, heart, bone, and sex organs).
What does “bio-identical” mean?
Bio-identical means the hormones have the exact same chemical structure as hormones made by your body. The difference between bio-identical versus synthetic, non-bio-identical hormones is that the molecular structure and shape of the hormone are different for each kind. For a replacement hormone to replicate the naturally-produced hormone, the chemical structure must match the original exactly. Side effects occur due to the structural difference in synthetic hormones and the human body.
Why do humans take non-bio-identical hormones?
Because BioTE is naturally produced, it cannot be patented regarding its source. Large drug companies cannot get profit from the sale and use of these hormones. With synthetic hormones, pharmaceutical companies create products that are different than human hormones, yet they bind to human receptors. Because synthetic hormones are mass produced, the companies profit, but the patient does not.
What is the purpose of bio-identical hormone therapy?
The goal of bio-identical hormone replacement therapy is to offer an adequate supply of a deficient hormone in a type that is molecularly identical to those produced by the body. This restores normal healthy physiologic effects. Since every person is different, the doctor will work with you to customize your BioTE program based on your hormone levels, symptoms, and medical history.
CONTACT US TODAY FOR A CONSULTATION
*Results will vary from person to person.
The goals of bio-identical hormone replacement therapy are:
- Re-establish the protective benefits that were originally provided by the body’s naturally occurring hormones. These include improved bone density, cardiovascular health, and libido.
- Alleviate symptoms caused by decreased hormone production, such as increased body fat, sleep problems, mood swings, and sexual function.
- Reverse diseases associated with aging, such as mental clarity, loss of strength, and osteoporosis.
- Enhance sense of well-being and overall improvement in quality of life.
How are BioTE hormones administered?
Bio-identical hormone pellets in various strengths are produced from a highly rated licensed compounding pharmacy. These hormones are derived from natural products. The pellets are inserted into the body fat using a simple procedure. Because the hormone substances can be inactivated, these products are not taken by mouth.
What types of hormones are available with BioTE?
The hormones in BioTE include:
- Estrogen – This hormone is required for men and women. The three types of estrogen are estrone (E1), estradiol (E2), and estriol (E3). These substances protect against stroke, heart disease, Alzheimer’s disease, osteoporosis, and memory disorders. Many women require both estrogen and testosterone in the pellets.
- Testosterone – For both men and women, testosterone is vital for well-being, libido, and health. For women, testosterone is usually produced in the adrenal glands and ovaries. Testosterone improves muscle mass, enhances strength, increases exercise tolerance, decreases fat, and improves sense of well-being. Testosterone protects against cardiovascular disease and reduces blood sugar. In addition, testosterone improves libido, sexual performance, and healing capacity.
- Progesterone – Primarily produced in the ovaries before and after ovulation, progesterone also comes from the adrenal glands. For women who still have a uterus, progesterone is a protective hormone, warding off breast and uterine cancers.
Sign Up A Consultation
Contact Us Today For A Consultation with Our Expert Providers. Customized Care, Amazing Outcomes!
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 4:00pm
Saturday - Sunday